I know that one member in our JobClub did have an initial interview in this format and the article claims that 6 out of 10 HR Managers are using this tool, so it may be increasingly used in the future.
Key tips include:
- Set the stage: Make the room you're in a reflection of your work-polished style
- A plain backdrop can be less distracting
- Test the lighting: Even if your camera isn't the highest quality, make sure it flatters your features and the interviewer can see you clearly
- Dress the part: Be as conservative as the organisation - wear smart bottoms in case you have to get up during the interview
- Work the camera: Minimise the video image of you so you're not tempted to watch yourself
- The employer expects eye contact and anything else will distract him or her
- Do a test run: Call a friend or family member to make sure speakers and microphone are working and they can hear you clearly Has anyone any first-hand experience of a video interview?